Sunday, August 9, 2009

Deduct Tax - Delivery Job?

How can I keep track of my mileage?


In one forum tell that to keep track of mileage, how?


This is first time I work. So, I will claim tax next year. So, I need to prepare ahead of time.





How about receipt for maintain car? Like oil change, change tire, etc.





I use my own car.
Deduct Tax - Delivery Job?
You track mileage by writing down beginning and ending numbers when you work. Most pizza places ( I used to deliver) give you an extra fee that is supposed to cover mileage. You should track your mileage then see what percentage of your miles is business and what percentage is personal. You can deduct the standard per mile minus the fee your company gives you or the actual costs times the business percentage minus what your company gives you. In California if you claim to use a car for delivery driving you pay over 2k for insurance so make sure you really want to claim it. You will also have to track your tips also. The IRS knows that drivers get tips so you will have to report those as wages.

No comments:

Post a Comment