Sunday, August 9, 2009

I was offered a job with Aramark as a delivery driver. Anybody work for them with some opinions?

Opinions like pay? more or less(I know it varies) and your own take on Aramark as an employee





thanks
I was offered a job with Aramark as a delivery driver. Anybody work for them with some opinions?
Hiya Hector,





My roomie works driving for ARAMARK Uniforms and he loves his job. Starting salary was kind of low but with incentives. It seems ARAMARK likes drivers that do well at increasing sales, but this depends on the position. The corporation is large and driving for them could mean so many things. Are you talking ARAMARK Food Services, Uniform Services, Facility Services, Vending Services ...well the list goes on and most of them have delivery routes.





The Uniform rep's opinion here is:


They will treat you well and if you shine for them, they will hook you up sooner or later, and the benefits are good. He says that if it turns out not to be what you want, you should stick it out for a year and then start applying with Snap-On Tools, MAC Tools or something like that. Keep your DMV record clear and ARAMARK could be a start to get something way better.


I spent a year in one of those exact trucks delivering sandwiches downtown San Francisco. I loved the freedom and the early shift gave me most of the day to do whatever. I totally blew it when I tapped the side of a phone booth and kept quiet about it. About a week later I was called into the office and that was the end of that.





Go for it !





GOOD LUCK!








LATER UPDATE: Just got turned on to the official ARAMARK Conduct Policy online. Check it here:http://media.corporate-ir.net/media_file...





CYa
Reply:I have known people who worked in various departments, and, while the pay is not excellent, they felt they were treated fairly, and would have stayed longer except for wanting more money.

No comments:

Post a Comment